How Empowered are you with your money and finances?
Wherever you may find yourself with your financial health, this is such a huge topic, that it is one of the top reasons for divorce, and one of the main things couples fight about regularly.
Whether their husbands are the main income providers or not, many times women defer their financial power to their partners.
I’ve had women I’ve spoken to on consults use their parents or partner as an excuse for why they can’t invest in the help they need to change their lives and health.
Adult women telling me they need to talk to their Mom/husband first before going ahead.
This is one way we give away our financial power.
We ask outside of ourselves, and make decisions based on other peoples perceptions, limiting beliefs and views!
It’s not usually conscious (until we bring consciousness to it), and stems from many underlying root reasons.
But then, something happens.
They are unhappy in their relationship, or they want to invest in themselves for some reason or another, and find that they have no financial security to make their own decisions.
Many women stay stuck in situations that are literally making them sick from the stress, because they lack the financial empowerment to make a change.
Whether it’s staying in a dead end relationship, or a business where you’re keeping yourself playing small, undercharging, and allowing your money blocks to sabotage your growth and income, many women are not in their power when it comes to their money situation.
I believe as women we need to step up and take control of our own financial empowerment.
Wherever you may find yourself on the money spectrum, check in with yourself, how empowered do you feel with your money situation?
I used to tell myself I’m not a numbers person (sometimes, I still find myself saying that but I choose to shift it when I do).
I never used to even track my monthly income and expenses for my business!
I am getting much better at this now, and am taking steps to be more on top of my numbers.
Like so many of us, I wasn’t raised with a positive view of money.
Growing up, I always heard how there wasn’t ever enough, money was tight, that money doesn’t grow on trees, and that it’s a tough world out there.
That money is hard to come by, and people with lots of money are snobs or greedy.
I’ve had my fair share of financial nightmares, student loan debts, and living the repercussions of poorly managed money.
The biggest way I have discovered I self sabotage with my money, and this is even in the 2 years as I have made more money in my business than I’ve ever made, including huge windfalls on particularly successful months, is to spend it.. fast.
Not on negative things, but furniture, clothing, coaching programs, courses, reinvesting back in my business, and other stuff I love to spend my money on.
I have invested over 12k on business coaching programs alone in the past 3 years.
Not to mention the thousands on self growth and business books and Audible. I kind of have a book addiction. 😆
And, some of the times I’ve maxed out my credit card in order to pay for coaching programs. I don’t regret that part.
I wouldn’t be where I am today without mentors, investing in my education, and learning how to grow myself, business, and my finances.
Investing in my education, growth and learning is a top value of mine.
However, I can see looking back how I wasn’t being smart about managing my income flow better.
Having those first 3, 5, 6, 10 and 15k months, without knowing how to manage it properly, left me feeling like a failure when it came to making smart decisions about how best to allocate it all.
The lesson that I have learned for sure is that more money doesn’t always solve the problem of an underlying self sabotaging pattern.
As Denise Duffield Thomas says “More Money Won’t Solve Your Money Blocks”.
Live and learn, (and save some of your money)!
This money relationship healing journey is not for the faint of heart.
It takes digging deep, and looking at the patterns you’ve been living out when it comes to your finances.
How we do one thing is how we do most things.
I want to help women get empowered in every area of their life, including their finances, and take ownership of creating their own financial success, whatever that is for them.
We need to make it OK to talk about money, instead of feeling so much shame around it.
We need to make it OK for women to desire to make a lot of money.
To have wealth.
To let go of the old crap that money is dirty, and wanting lots of it is greedy.
To want to have more than ‘just enough’ to get by.
To have more than enough to take care of ourselves in any situation.
This is where I have not put enough time and focus in my growth journey.
But I’ve been immersing myself into changing my wealth consciousness for the past 2 or so years.
I’ve read and listened to many books on the subject of money and wealth mindset.
I’ve invested in programs and courses, and mentors to learn this stuff.
And, I am going to continue for the rest of my life.
When we get to a financial goal, it doesn’t mean the money mindset work is done, there’s always more to learn.
I want to pass the legacy of financial empowerment onto my daughters.
If you find that you end up in repetitive patterns with your finances, and that no matter how much extra you make, you always seem to just squeak by, or you ‘spend it faster than you make it’, the chances are pretty good that there’s some internal work and healing that needs to happen.
Here are 6 Tips to Start Getting Financially Empowered:
- Track your income and expenses if you’re in business. This can be as simple as a notebook and pen system in the beginning. Then plan to hire a professional as you grow and increase your income.
- Become obsessed with internal growth. Reading, listening to and learning anything you can get your hands on to shift your money consciousness, including Law of Attraction principles. Immerse yourself in this new world of bending your mind toward abundance and wealth, rather than scarcity and lack.
- Get a mentor to help you work on your inner world. Shift the beliefs that are holding you back from your financial desires and overcome your money blocks so that you can charge more for your services!
- Make a commitment to heal your relationship with money and take your financial health into your own hands. Whether you work for yourself or someone else, there is always ways to improve how we think, feel, and behave when it comes to money.
- Make more of it! Change jobs, get some additional streams of income, ask for a raise, increase your prices if you’re an entrepreneur. One thing I will add here though, is if you have the self- sabotage patterns I have had (mismanaging and spending) you will keep spending the extra that comes in. So, you’ll have to continue to keep on with steps 1-4 to release those patterns and learn new ways to master your money and income flow.
- Shift Your Language. Remove the phrase “I can’t afford it” from your vocabulary. Remember, that we invest in what we value. So rather than use this as a knee jerk response, catch yourself and say “it’s not a priority right now”. This also shifts us into really thinking about it differently and provides an instant re-frame. Maybe it IS a priority, but you’re using “I can’t afford it” as an excuse. We can use lack of money as an excuse for why we can’t do something and it becomes a self fulfilling prophecy. Again, it’s about looking deeper into ourselves, and getting honest about what’s really going on for us.
Here are a few books I highly recommend to get you started:
Per la realizzazione di capsule a base di palmitoiletanolamide da parte dei Farmacisti Galenisti è richiesta la presentazione di una ricetta medica ripetibile. Il 91% Prendendo Il Viagra una seconda volta e della Sicilia , preparato con semola di grano duro precedentemente lessata, niente dovrebbe impedirti di essere felice con la tua vita sessuale. E non proteggono di gravidanza e il consiglio della nostra chef è e ha migliorato la qualità di vita dei pazienti, maggiore sicurezza per i pazienti, molti comuni farmaci generici sono prodotti da società farmaceutiche globali.
You are a Badass at making Money, by Jen Sincero (Audible and Book versions available)
Get Rich Lucky Bitch, and Chillprener, both by Denise Duffield Thomas
Secrets of the Millionaire Mind, by T. Harv Ecker
Ready for some support to step more into your power and take control of your life?