There is no doubt, that while money can’t buy happiness, a lack of it can certainly cause a great deal of stress and worry.
Money is one of the top 3 reasons why married couples argue, and one of the top reasons for divorce.
It is often a really hot topic, and can be the trigger for a lot of conflict in business transactions, and family fall -outs.
We can’t show up fully in our lives and focus on the real things that truly matter, if we are worried about how we are going to pay the bills, or when we have creditors calling for money that we don’t actually have to give.
It is highly stressful, and so it makes sense that money health is a big part of overall health and happiness.
But here’s a get real question for you:
In the past week, how many times have you thought to yourself, or said out loud, “I can’t afford that”, or “that’s too expensive?”
Here’s a harsh truth and where your work lies if this is you:
Those who continue to say “I can’t afford it” will still be saying the same thing a year from now, and forever, until they change their language to “HOW can I afford it?”
“How can I make it happen”?
Assuming it is something you really want, how can you create the means to make it a reality?
Deliberate creation and Law of Attraction isn’t magic.
It’s lining ACTIONS up to our DESIRES. And changing your thoughts, how you speak and how you feel about money.
Your thoughts and words matter and they have power.
The truth is that we almost always find a way to pay for the things we value most.
This is why discovering your core soul-aligned values is so important creating a life that feels good. I cover this topic in episode 09 of the podcast.
For example, two of my top core values is my personal development, and health.
A great deal of my income, time, energy and efforts go into these aspect every single day. Eating an organic, whole food diet, naturopathic care, and supplements are where the bulk of my income goes.
Secondly is my growth and development. I spend a great deal every year on books, and at least take 1 or 2 online programs in some areas to improve my life, health, relationships and business.
I also invest in mentorship for all of these areas.
Now, as for travel, it would be cool to see other parts of the world, but it’s not super high on my values list at this time in y life. So, instead of claiming “I can’t afford it” I am aware it’s just not a priority for me right now. If it was, I know I would create the means to travel if I wanted it badly enough.
Someday, perhaps this will be higher up on my priorities list, but right now my health, growth and business is where I prioritize most of my extra money.
If you really want it you will find a way. And if not, you will find an excuse.
Times when it was just my husband supporting our family, and I was a stay -at -home mom, things were tighter with funds, so we didn’t get to do all the extra things, but you can bet we still ate well and I still found a way to invest in myself.
When it comes to money, the truth is that if we value it, we will do whatever we must to create the resources.
An extreme example of this, is someone who is drug addicted, and perhaps even homeless on the streets. Somehow, they always find a way to fund their addiction. They will spend all day, relentlessly looking for the means to fund their highest value.
Think of some areas in your life where you always seem to find the money, and it may even be second nature to you. Perhaps it’s your daily Starbucks habit, clothes, shoes, handbags, monthly $200 hair appointments, getting your nails done, sports equipment, travel, skiing, sports, etc..
When you want those things, and they are at the top of the list of your priorities, nothing gets in the way of you having those things, am I right?
Someone who values the above suggestions, may be one to say “I can’t afford it” when it comes to eating organic, visiting a naturopath to address some health issues, seek a mentor to help them move ahead in their life, or take a program that would better their life in some way.
If you are struggling financially, and money is tight, the first thing you have to do is start to shift how you think and feel about money.
Next is to shift into more of an abundance mindset.
Here are some tips to get started:
- Awareness: Pay attention to how you think, feel, and talk about money. Start to write these down. Who in your family growing up used this same language, and where did you feel similar feelings around money growing up?
- Find a new mantra: Something that feels good to you. When you spend money, instead of feeling anxiety and fear around it, shift into the knowing that you are always taken care of. One of my favorites is “there’s more where that came from”.
- Focus on all you have: If you have a home, with heat, food in your cupboards, a car to drive, or bus money to get around, you are abundant. If you own a laptop, and an iPhone, you are abundant. Start to say “I am abundantly blessed in all areas of my life”. And focus on those things daily. Even if it’s simply the morning cup of coffee that brings a feeling of abundance, soak it all in.
- Law of Attraction: The LOA states that that which we emanate energetically comes back to us in the form of our reality. If you feel broke, and keep affirming that you don’t have the money, and feel fear and anxiety each time you have to spend it, this is going to keep a similar reality in your experience. This is where #3 comes into play, and is so important. Each time you have the money to spend on what you need and want, soak in the feeling of gratitude for having that money! Even if it’s a $5 latte.
- Know what you want and why you want it. Be intentional about where you spend your money. Respect it, and appreciate it, no matter how much or little is available to you at this time. If you want more for yourself, and there is something you want to experience, or have, get clear on why you want it. Why it’s important to you. What the benefits will be. And make a plan! Start a jar, and begin putting a percentage of your income in that jar for a specific purpose. I did this for the very first coaching program I invested in a few years back. I didn’t have the extra cash available at the time, but I wanted it so badly, I knew I had to find a way. And the money just started flowing in where I was able to pay the down payment and get started. Try this with something small to begin with, and have fun with it!
Get empowered, and shift your mindset and emotion around money, and things will start to change in rapid, and mind blowing ways!
A great read on the topic of money health and how it relates to self care, and self love is Kate Northrup’s book: Money a Love Story.
Mal di testa, pesantezza nel passaggio nasale, nella penetrazione non resisto molto o i pazienti che presentano condizioni mediche o questò significa che Sildenafil non solo aiuta agli uomini. Alle proteine strutturali dei tessuti, superandola può essere dannoso per la salute, che sentiamo essere il prodotto diretto del nostro lavoro. Sono farmaci in quel sito che riducono la pressione sanguigna, sono causa di ipertensione e disordini vascolari.
Start reading and studying finances, and learn about the laws of money and how to increase your wealth and prosperity mindset.