There is no one size fits all approach to health, prevention and reversing disease.
As soon as we start relying fully on outside sources to heal us, and fix our bodies, we have given our power away.
Many who have health issues, will ‘doctor shop’ telling the story of their ailments over, and over again. Only to get the same with each one, more tests, prescriptions, and perplexed looks. This only anchors the belief that there is something fundamentally wrong with them, making matters worse.
I know this scenario all too well, and experienced a lot of frustration while I was desperately seeking answers for my medically unexplained health issues.
The mind is our most powerful friend, or our greatest enemy. The first step in achieving vital health is to believe that we are whole as we are now, and that our job is to step into that.
I have learned many really powerful lessons about health, and the body mind connection. It was when I decided I had to stop going to doctors and start seeking the answers within.
I have certainly had many mentors along the way that have lead me to where I am today. I will continue to do as the need arises because it makes me a better woman, leader, wife and mother, however, I am now very selective about who I will work with. They have to be quite a few steps ahead on the path and be in a place I want to get to. See my blog about finding the right counsellor for you.
Educate yourself. The thing that was the most disheartening for me on my healing journey, was going to the doctor only to be given information I already knew, or that I deemed to be incorrect based on my own findings. I felt like I knew more than they did about what was going on with me. I literally went to request the specific tests I wanted them to order (since I researched what those were) and took copies of the results to my naturopath. This is another tip, and what I recommend all my clients do as well.
Here are some additional ways you can step into the empowered health movement:
- Stop talking about the problem and feeding the disease mindset. The more we talk about the issues we are experiencing, the more we anchor them into our cells and consciousness. Start telling a different story. Believe that you will find the soul-ution to your healing, and that you have the power to heal yourself.
- Rebel against your labels. Perhaps you have been given a label, such as a medical diagnosis, or a mental health label such as depression, anxiety, OCD, borderline personality (BPD) or any other combination of these and many others that one can be stamped with. Decide today that you are not the labels you have been given and start looking for soul-utions that are going to bring healing. Not band aid approaches to mask the symptoms.
- Seek out alternative health care. And this means that you may have to shift your money mindset. Naturopathic care, acupuncture, massage, functional medicine doctors, and holistic based counsellors and therapists that can really facilitate deep transformation and assist in the emotional healing process. The mind -body connection is not something to be denied, and needs to be honored and respected. Emotional debris can end up manifesting in the physical body. Find someone who is skilled and trained in the area of emotional healing, and psychotherapy that can safely help you come full circle.
- Do your research. There is a sea of information and endless resources about the mind-body connection, nutrition, and living well. We can’t pretend we don’t know any better and mindlessly dump medications, toxic foods into our body. Medications have their place, and if you are taking any prescribed or over the counter medications, do your research and be aware of what you are ingesting. It’s one thing to take something for an occasional headache, and another entirely to have to take something daily to mask frequent headaches or physical discomfort.
- Listen to your body. I have a whole blog and video devoted to this. You can watch it here.
- Mind Your Stress. Look into the new stress related health epidemic, Adrenal Fatigue. This condition is underlying many chronic health issues, and mystery symptoms your doctor may miss. Find out if you might have AF by signing up for this free masterclass.
In the end, with all of what is available to us, we have to be self aware enough to know what it is we need to take us to the next level on the path. Follow your intuition, look for the signs for the next right-action to take, and trust your gut instinct.