How You Feel is Determined By the Quality of The Food You Nourish Your Body With
Whether you have Adrenal Fatigue or a Thyroid imbalance, supporting your adrenals and blood sugar using nutrient-dense meals and snacks is not only essential as part of the healing process but will also help to balance your energy as you are doing other things to heal yourself.
I am a big proponent to a holistic approach to life and health, so while nutrition is important and needs to be addressed, there also needs to be a plan for emotional, psychological, spiritual healing, as well as stress management and sometimes even relationship changes, in order to fully heal and avoid relapse. I cover all of this in depth inside my Energized Entrepreneur program, but for now let’s make sure you’re fuelling your body for success!
If weight loss is also on your goals list, and you’ve tried exercising more and eating less (with no results) balancing blood sugar with nutrient-dense foods will support this process as well.
So, while you’re working on your inner world, and changing these other key areas, there are so many simple ways to support your body in the healing process, as well as keep your energy steady, and blood sugar balanced through your workday, between clients, during launches and jam-packed days hustlin’ in your business.
Important Tip: Never allow your body to go into low blood sugar status when you have adrenal, thyroid or hormone imbalances.
It’s also important to note that if you have a thyroid condition, supporting your adrenals is key as well, because if you are missing that part, you may find you feel worse with thyroid treatment on it’s own.
You may also have days where you are feeling more run down, and mustering up the brain and body power to work on your business can be a struggle. During these times, make sure to take extra care to nourish your body with whole foods, soups, smoothies, extra Vitamin C, rest, and lots of water.
Take rest days where you need to, and remember that you get to set your schedule!
Create your business to support you, that’s why you decided to start your own business, right? 😉
Here are 7 Power Packed Adrenal Loving Snax:
- Raw nuts and seeds or trail mix. I always have these on hand to snack on between clients or when I’m feeling slightly hungry and need something small to eat. You can also have dry roasted nuts with sea salt, just make sure there are no oils in the ingredient list. When using dried fruit, also look for nasty oils, added sugar or fillers on the ingredient list.
- Hummus and veggies. I prefer to make my own hummus with olive oil, but do buy it from my local health food store as well. I also keep gluten free crackers on hand to have with this as well.
- Fresh Fruit and Nut Butter: Use the natural nut butters that only contain the nuts and natural oils, not added oils or sugar. Be mindful how peanuts affect you, as this is a common allergen.
- Dates, apple and celery with nuts or nut butter.
- Protein smoothie
- Hardboiled organic egg with veggie sticks (keep both prepared in fridge for convenience)
- Chia pudding made with coconut milk along with fresh fruit
There you have it, some go-to options you can have ready and prepared to keep you energized and well fed throughout the day.
Inside of my program for women entrepreneurs, I go in depth into all aspects of recovery from Adrenal Fatigue, Thyroid Issues and Weight Loss from the inside out via emotional, psychological, and lifestyle transformation.
The process starts with an application for a consultation to see if we’re a match to work together.